Through interactive case studies using actual market data, participants will gain a thorough understanding of market dynamics by learning to analyze current market conditions and form educated views about future markets. The learning environment is highly interactive, and enhanced by the live simulations, mini cases/projects/debates and the use of tools like Excel.
Why this course
- This 3 days focused and highly practical course will enable participants with little or no prior knowledge of the capital market to gain a good understanding of the various types of equity, debt, and derivatives and how they are issued by companies.
What to expect
- Identify the different types of markets
- Understand the difference between equity and debt
- Exam how securities are issued and traded
- Review the main valuation principles
What is the course schedule?
The course will be of great benefit to those who might be involved with the capital market as well as those who wish to learn more about the dynamics of the capital market. CEO, CFO, Head of strategy, corporate finance director, head of business development, authorized dealers, rising finance professionals.
The course will have a maximum of 12 people who will be selected based on the type of business they are in and their job role to ensure a thorough mix of industries, ideas and experience.
The programme is designed to enhance learning through group and individual cases and exercises. There are a number of opportunities to practice techniques and evaluate skill levels. The programme will be supported with handouts and post course references. The design of each course will provide for each participant’s preferred learning style and optimize experiential learning processes.