In the ever-changing business environment, being able to accurately model and forecast the volatile economic inputs is a critical skill for business professionals. Build on your existing modelling skills and apply new techniques to better analyze financial data, predict revenues and cost and assess risks to justify business decisions in the most time-efficient and effective way.
Why this course
- A good financial model is essential to understand the drivers and implications of business decisions. This course will enable you to build a financial model through a step-by-step approach integrating a blend of a comprehensive case study, practical examples and advanced Excel tools. Financial Modeling Masterclass covers different types of financial modeling applications relevant to valuing companies, feasibility studies, capital budgeting, MS Excel dashboards, mergers & acquisitions and debt scheduling.
What to expect
- Build a financial model from scratch, or modify and improve an inherited model
- Select the most appropriate formula to achieve the desired outcome
- Identify common errors in modelling & mitigate errors by building in error checks
- Prevent incorrect use of your model by protecting worksheets
- Validate data entry by setting data entry parameters
- Develop manual scenario selection
- Mitigate liability by providing assumptions
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how to build a business case
- Communicate the results of your model clearly and concisely
What is the course schedule?
This course is designed for business professionals who need to explore the practical usage of advanced excel functions in a financial model. By creating your own user-friendly financial model, you will learn to translate business concepts into a structured format to identify weaknesses and predict future performance. Professionals working or aspiring to work in the field of investment banking, project consultancy, private equity, corporate finance, asset valuation and equity research
The course will have a maximum of 10 people who will be selected based on the type of business they are in and their job role to ensure a thorough mix of industries, ideas and experience.
The programme is designed to enhance learning through group and individual cases and exercises. There are a number of opportunities to practice techniques and evaluate skill levels. The course will be supported with handouts and post course references and Tutor inputs will be aimed at giving direction and guidance to ensure effective learning, skill enhancement and attitudes to move with the times.